Saturday, February 9, 2008

POOP problems....

I remember when Izeah was a toddler.... he would LOVE to take off his diaper when he pooped in it and rub it all over his crib, the walls, himself, etc. It lasted for awhile and I really tried hard to figure out why the hell he did this? It's ACKY!! I would walk into his room and he would hold his poop covered hands out to me and say, "Mommy acky". WELL YES IT'S ACKY, DON'T DO IT!!! Finally Ryan and I brain stormed and we figured if we turned his footie pajama's inside out and snapped it on the inside of the neck, he couldn't figure it out.... and we got lucky!! He stopped :-)

On to child number 3, little Zane.....

(Inside out pajama's not doing the trick)

He apparently has decided to follow in his brother's footsteps and do the same... at first he wasn't too bad... he would just smear it on his crib and not himself. Now, this morning as a matter of fact, he has graduated to REALLY playing with it. I thought maybe he did it because he was bored but I seriously did not hear him until 7:30 and I went right into his room to get him and it was already dried!! He must have been up since 5:30!! I have tried the inside out pajama trick and it has failed with him horribly. He is smart enough to stretch the neck out and wiggle his arms out of the neck and then scoot them off.....

Well, I found a solution.....

DUCT TAPE!

TA TA DA!!!! Now if I'm lucky, this will deter him from actually getting the diaper off..... and I'll just use kiddie scissors in the morning to get it off :-)


Ok, go ahead, call me a bad mom...... but anyone who does, I'm calling you when he does it again and you can come help me clean it up!!! :-)

3 comments:

Nina said...

Yeah, I remember you telling me about the inside- out PJ trick, so when bella started stripping down I tried it but she gets them off too! I bet ya twenty dollars Zane reaches in from the side and grabs the poop! lol.

Nina said...

So. . . . . Update?

Anonymous said...

What we have to do to outsmart the childs mind!!! :-)