Sunday, June 1, 2008

I love jewelry!

So a couple of years ago I started to really like jewelry..... I used to not care one way or another if I had a nice necklace or earrings..... then I started to buy jewelry like there was no tomorrow! I had more necklaces and earrings and bracelets then I care to mention :-)


Then, as I was walking around the Summercamp Music Fest, looking at all the venders.... It dawned on me..... the kind of jewelry I like is chunky, and glassy, and funky, and SO EASY TO MAKE! So last summer I started to buy jewelry making "stuff". Now mind you, it has set on the shelf for awhile, since I rarely took the time to make anything...... but lately, largely in part to Kayla, I have remembered how much fun it is, and easy, to make a simple necklace or bracelet. So today the kids and I sat down (again) and created some more masterpieces.....


*and you know what the best part is? When I wear one of my necklaces and someone says, "Wow, that's really pretty, where did you get it from?" and I get to say, "I made it myself." :-)


Kayla and Zak hard at work....


The "start" of my necklace.

All of our finished projects..... Zak's bracelets, Kayla's bracelet, and my green necklace.



Zak's "man" bracelets.




Kayla's many bracelts she has made. (Mine has a heart on it :-)


These are some of the necklaces I have made....


I've also made keychain lanyards...... this comes in so handy when you've got three kids around... it makes a great necklace :)

3 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Ooo, so pretty!!! Every summer, I say I'm going to make some jewelry, but then never do. Maybe this will be the summer....

Barbara said...

Oh crafty fun! May I come over and play?

Anonymous said...

Well aren't you all creative! Cool beans(ds)!! :)
Good job.