Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I DON'T LIKE MOLD.

No, really, I've been scrubbing the floors in the basement and all though it is interesting to look at, I DON'T LIKE MOLD...... It stinks, it ruins my clothes, it ruins toys, it's bad for your lungs, and it needs to die!!!!!


I also have a confession, which I said before.... I'm a pack rat... it sucks. Let me just show you....



Now that you have seen it, I'm sure you can understand how ten inches of rain in a month, and a very wet winter and a broken dehumidifier can lead to mold hidden at the bottom of those piles....


So if I seem absent lately, there is a reason.... it's because I have a dumpster in my back yard and I'm cleaning house! I just keep reminding myself.... I want a simple life, IT'S ALL GOTTA GO!!!!!! (Ok, not all of it... it's a really good idea to save all of Zak's clothes and Izeah's clothes for Izeah and Zane, in that order.) I have already hauled one load to the Salvation Army, have another load to go, and I'm gonna have a "priced to sell" garage sale... anything going into the dumpster is simply ruined....


After pictures to come!!! And after 4 nights so far, and a few more nights to come (not to mention the attic), John and I are gonna celebrate when it's all done!!!!!

3 comments:

-jd said...

Pack Rat is an understatement, more like a Pack Yeti.

ChiTown Girl said...

Girl, I'm so proud of you!! Man, I KNEW we were kindred spirits!! My basement looked just like that before the "big remodel." It's just about finished (finally!!) so maybe I'll post some before and after photos myself. Congrats on getting so much done so far. I can't wait to see the after pictures!

Jack said...

Good luck! Looks like you have a bit to go, but I'm definitely pulling for you!

J

http://adventuresinvoluntarysimplicity.blogspot.com/