Well, I've been planning on writing about 5 blogs in the past two weeks.... gardening, cooking, cleaning, finished basement, garage sale, camping.... but I suck. I've been DOING all those things and haven't found much time to compose a worthwhile blog!! Keep an eye out cause I'm sure they will all be coming very soon....
In the meantime though, I learned a TON the last few weeks and I want to share some of this new found knowledge. Kind of a reminder to myself as to what I've learned as well....
1. I CAN tackle a large to-do list (as in the one to the side). It does help that I have a wonderful boy friend who stands right beside me sweating, getting dirty, and killing spiders with me :-) Tackling that damn basement was something I put off for almost 4 FULL years!!!! It just got to the point of WAY TO BIG TO DO!!! But it's done :-) And the feeling of checking things off that list is FANTASTIC!!!
2. I learned that if you price things the right way at a garage sale, you can make people happy and sell all the stuff that you don't need!!! I'm sure most of you understand this.... like when I go to garage sales and people want 2.50 for a worn kids outfit.... GET REALL!! It's used people! Put 50 cents on it and say good bye :-) Very little in my garage sale was marked over a dollar.... and I STILL made over 350 bucks!!! (Now doesn't that just tell you how much CRAP I had to get rid of!)
3. I learned that too much red wine is very bad for the gastrointestinal system..... (it's gross, i won't go there, but it's most definintly true.....)
4. I learned something amazing about my kids.... I used to always worry they would wander off in places and kept a tight reign on them. Then I read this little article by Majikfaerie: http://www.eolife.org/article.php?aid=1238b1c60a6836822532d83c77de6b70 about trusting your child in letting them set their own limits with guide lines..... and this weekend camping, I let go.... and it was GREAT!!! I would tell them to go play but stay where I could see them... and THEY DID!!! My 3 and 4 year old always stayed close enough to run to momma but still wandered and played and picked up sticks..... felt great to let go a little bit!!!!!
5. I learned that when going camping, and they say "bathroom with no running water", at first you think "GREAT! There's a toilet!" BUUUUTTTTTT...... it's DISGUSTING!!!!!! I would rather go in a bucket in the woods! The smell and flies alone are enough to make any human want to lose their lunch!
6. I learned that when warm out, and the flies are all over, I look like a horse stomping my feet and shaking my head around.... Also that if you hang those little fly strip dealys, you can catch some, but the more you catch, there's more just waiting to come around!!!
7. I learned how to grow carrots!!!!!
8. I learned that my legs DO get sun burnt. Especially if you just sit in the lake with the tops of them not in the water for about 2 hours and no sun screen. Dumb. I'm white as white can get. IT HURTS!!! (I really didn't think they burned!!!)
9. On a side note to the above.... Aloe Vera gel really doesn't help all that much. It only feels cool for about 5 minutes and that's it....
10. I learned that it's really exciting at 3 in the moring to take all the kids to the car during a lightening storm cause we camped under a butt load of trees.... and it's also a bit silly, especially when the storm goes south, and now all the kids are wide awake and I'm dead tired!
11. I learned that I can sweat for something like 7 days in a row profusely in the OPPRESSIVE heat, and still not lose a darn pound!!
Well..... I guess that's it for now....
I feel so much more intelligent than 2 weeks ago :-)
More blogs to come......
I Totally Forgot
2 weeks ago