Thursday, October 23, 2008

A new baby...

I get to be with my brother and his girlfriend today to help them bring Gracie Jean into this world :-) (Well... hoping for today but it could be tomorrow....)


You know, three kids and one miscarriage later, I can still remember these minutes of bringing life into this world as the most precious and cherished moments in my life. The moments in which I became a new person each time, developing physically and mentally into a mother and a woman. The moment when I was able to assist God in a miracle... when I was able to give life from my body to another person, another human being... when I was able to see this beautiful little creature and hear them cry out for the first time....


And today I am so blessed to have them allow me to be by their sides while they give birth to their miracle. I'm over joyed to be a part of THIS moment again. To get to watch the birth of another little miracle into this world....


I know she'll do great. After all, when they lived here.... they had A LOT of practice with my boys!
One of my births... little Izeah, less then an hour old....

Emma and Zak Man

Emma and Izeah and Zane

Justin and Zane

Justin and the boys at Thanksgiving 2006...

4 comments:

Nina said...

Aww...I'm so excited for you and them....

Anonymous said...

OOOOO! I'm so excited for you!! I was in the delivery room when my younger niece was born, and I was just in awe the entire time. I had already had Lex, but it's so completely different from the other end of the bed! I was sobbing like a baby, it was just so beautiful. Congratulations, Auntie!

YanniFan said...

That's so exciting! I got to sit in on Kayla's birth; what a miracle!

Jack said...

Congrats to you and the rest of the family. I love these moments; makes you realize how precious life is.

take care,

J

http://adventuresinvoluntarysimplicity.blogspot.com/